offers Halo Wars Platinum Hits (Xbox 360)
(reg. $14.96) plus free store pickup.
Halo Wars combines a peerless control scheme and gameplay with an incredibly rich, epic story set 20 years prior to the story told in Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo Wars puts gamers in command of the battlefield over an arsenal of UNSC units and vehicles as they engage Covenant forces. They can counter and crush their opponent by tactically fielding the superior army. Players can also choose among Leaders that possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle. Using various combinations of Leaders and units, players can create countless strategies tailored to their preferred playing styles and personalized strategies. The result is a strategic, commanding experience that is a must-have for Halo fans.
- New take on a legendary world. Set in the iconic Halo universe, Halo Wars predates the original first-person shooter Halo. Fans of the Halo franchise will have the opportunity to experience the early battles between the UNSC and Covenant, the far-reaching conflict that has been diligently followed by the masses in the blockbuster Halo series.
- Players join the crew onboard the Spirit of Fire, a Phoenix-class colony ship converted for UNSC military use and guided by the AI persona Serina. The Halo Wars story line follows the Spirit of Fires discovery of an ancient artifact during a journey to the planet Harvest, the first planet to be attacked by the Covenant.
- Strategic command of armies in large-scale combat. Halo Wars put gamers in command of the battlefield, playing as either of two unique civilizations: UNSC and Covenant. They can counter and crush their opponent by tactically fielding the superior army. Players can also choose among Leaders that possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle. Using various combinations of Leaders and units, players can create countless strategies tailored to their preferred playing styles and personalized strategies.
- Groundbreaking strategy game for the Xbox 360. Since inception, Halo Wars was explicitly designed to cater to console gamers and bring to the Xbox 360 a genre that has typically been played on the PC. Gamers can easily command and manage powerful armies, effortlessly control troops and incredible machines, engage in epic battles and expand their empire using an intuitive user interface for the Xbox 360. Halo Wars represents the true next-generation experience, combining a masterful control scheme using the Xbox 360 Controller with the award-winning strategic gameplay only Ensemble Studios can provide.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Blood, Mild Language, and Violence
Posted on 26 April 2016, 06:09 PM